Thursday, June 3, 2010

Broken Things (Poem)

BROKEN THINGS

My life was broken, shattered to pieces.
I lifted my eyes looking for Jesus.

He called out my name and I heard His voice.
He said, “Follow me”; I made the right choice.

I turned from my sins, crucified the flesh.
Went from rebellion to His righteousness.

Now, I’m a new man, I’ve been born again.
My life has been changed by the Son of Man.

My eyes were once blind, but now I can see
His goodness and grace are following me.

Now, the storms still come and the rain still falls,
Demons still hover; the Devil still calls.

But though life is tough, hard to understand
I’m seeking God’s face and not just His Hand.

I stand on the Rock and my heart now sings:
God is merciful; He loves broken things.

David Lamb

No comments:

Post a Comment