Monday, February 19, 2018

A CRY FOR REVIVAL


I want to see revival in our city. When I speak of revival, I mean a couple of different things. Revival is bringing that which is dead back to life or restoring something back to usefulness. So revival could happen in an individual's life, in a family, in a church, or in a community. What I am ultimately longing for is another awakening in America as a whole.

I don't mean to be a pessimist, but the American church of today is not what it was a hundred years ago; much less what it was in the book of Acts 2,000 years ago. Genuinely powerful Christianity is dying in this country. I have dedicated my life to seeing it revived.

As I travel the world preaching, I find that some want revival, some don't, and some don't think they need it. But whether we see it or not, our churches are losing their hunger for the lost and are almost powerless. We have grieved the Spirit. Where are the signs, wonders, and gifts of the Spirit? Revival would restore the church to what it's supposed to be and if the country as a whole will not seek God for revival, then I'm looking for congregations, or individuals that want revival. If the saints at Revival Tabernacle don't want revival then I'll pray for the Lord of the Harvest to send laborers into our vineyard.

Revival will come when we adhere to 2Chronicles 7:14. And if the American church does adhere to it, we may see another great awakening.

This is just a brief description of the burden of my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment